Thank you, Alison Stanley of Second Chances, for nominating me for the Liebster Award, although it was nerve-wracking and took me forever.
The rules for the Liebster are to thank the person who nominated you, answer the 11 questions they have asked you, nominate 11 other people and ask them 11 questions in return. According to the guidelines, the Liebster award should be sent to bloggers with fewer than 200 followers so other people can find out something about them.
I’m wondering, why 11? Sir Percy FitzPatrick (who wrote Jock of the Bushveld among other things) introduced a one minute’s silence at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month to remember those fallen in war. But no 11 years’ bad luck will follow if you don’t do this, I promise. I should know, because I’ve taken a whole two months to get around to writing this post. Anyway this is now my 11th hour because my original list of bloggers shrinks daily as they either get nominated for this award by someone else, or top 200 followers – or (more likely) I lose the scrap of paper where I wrote down their details. So here are some of the blogspots I enjoy. I hope this helps a few more folk to discover their talent too.
I was tempted to go with Alison’s questions (because they were fun to answer), but after great deliberation finally managed to come up with some new ones. I look forward to reading your answers and discovering some new blogs through your nominations.
- Which books are you reading at the moment?
- What is your favourite food?
- What do you do for fun?
- Where do you live and how did you end up there?
- Where did you spend your last holiday?
- What was your best holiday ever?
- Have the flora and fauna changed much in your area over the years?
- What makes good birthday presents (what do you like or dislike)?
- What music do you enjoy?
- Which (if any) musical instrument do you play?
- What is the best piece of art/craftwork you ever bought (or created)?
Here are my answers to Second Chances’ questions.
1. What was your childhood dream?
Fame and fortune (shared with actor Oskar Werner)
2. What one piece of advice would you give to your younger self?
The magic begins when we do things together – the whole is far more than the sum of the parts.
3. If you had $5, how would you spend it (on yourself)?
Another Kindle book.
4. What is your favourite TV show or movie?
QI, a “quite interesting” quiz show where Stephen Fry puts impossible questions to a panel of stand-up comics.
5. What meal do you cook the best out of anyone you know?
6. Who do you most admire and why?
My husband. For putting up with me, among other things…
7. What is your pet hate?
To misquote Whoopi Goldberg: I don’t have pet hates, I have whole kennels of irritations.
8. What habit do you have that drives other people crazy?
Not readjusting things when I’ve finished with them (car seats etc)
9. What is something that made you smile in the past week?
Discovering a missing tub of yoghurt in the freezer.
10. When was the last time you cried?
11. If you had 1 spare hour in your day, how would you use it?
Have coffee with a friend.